Sunday, July 10, 2022

Introductions

 Greetings!

I am quite new to miniature painting and wargaming in general, but I've had a passion for toy soldiers and military history for decades; ever since I saw a diorama of the Battle of Rourke's Drift at my favorite toy store  (alas, $200 was too expensive for an 8 year old and I never did get to reenact the heroic defense against my cat on the living room floor)

Generally, I am only interested in wargaming and learning about pre-WWI conflicts with some small exceptions.


My current projects (in varying states of planning) include:

Polybian Roman consular army

The Niagara Campaign of the War of 1812

Vendean Royalist army

1980s Soviet Mechanized Platoon

Anglo-American War of 1862 (skirmish level)

World War of 1876 (skirmish level)


Future projects I would be interested in:

*Camilian Romans and their enemies (skirmish level)

*Biblical wargaming in the ancient Near East

*100 Years War (Edwardian Phase)

*French army of the early years of Louis XIV

*War of Austrian Succession

*French and Indian War

* Invasion of France 1940 (skirmish level)


So if any of this interests you in seeing my stumble through this hobby, feel free to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

7th-8th Century Anglo Saxons - Lesser Fyrd

 Its been awhile! Lots of losing interest in certain settings and gaining interest in others. My current project that I've been working ...